Terms & Conditions
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO PARTICIPATE
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way, including travel to and from in any martial arts tournament, practice, clinic, and related events and activities (“Activity”) of the IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA, and all its associates or affiliates I agree:
1. I understand the nature of martial arts activities and believe I am qualified to participate in such Activity. I also understand the rules governing the sport of martial arts.
2. I further acknowledge that prior to participating, I will inspect the mats, equipment, facilities, competition pools or divisions, and the elimination or scoring system to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe or beyond my capability, I will immediately advise my coach, supervisor, and/or a tournament official of such conditions and refuse to participate.
3. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in a contact sport that might result in serious injury, illness or disease, including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses due not only to my own actions, inaction or negligence, but also to the actions, inaction, or negligence of others, the rules of the sport of martial arts, or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Knowing the risks involved in the sport of martial arts, I assume all such risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, illness, disease, permanent disability, or death.
5. I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA, and all its associates or affiliates together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, officers, agents, coaches, and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials, medical personnel, other participants, their parents, legal guardians, supervisors and coaches, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors, and lessees of premises used in conducting the event, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as "Releasees", from any and all litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage or costs on account of injury, illness, disease, including permanent disability and death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Releases or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER, AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND KNOWING THIS, SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE. I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE KNOWING THE RISKS AND CONDITIONS INVOLVED AND DO SO ENTIRELY OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I AFFIRM THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE, OR, IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, I HAVE OBTAINED THE REQUIRED CONSENT OF MY PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN AS EVIDENCED BY THEIR SIGNATURE BELOW. I INTEND THIS TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THAT THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
I also give my consent for the minor or myself to receive whatever medical care, may be deemed necessary by IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA, its associates or affiliates, personnel for the treatment of any injury that may be incurred during my or the minor’s participation in any activity associated with the directives of IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA,. As the parent or Legal Guardian of the above mentioned minor member, or myself, I hereby confirm that the above named minor member or myself is in good physical condition and has(ve) been examined by a physician within the last six (6) months prior to the date of this application. I further confirm that the above named minor member or myself is in good health and condition to be able to participate in the full sports and martial art programs, which involve physically and emotionally strenuous activities, which may result in minor or serious injury, event death, such as provisioned by the IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA, unless I expressly notify otherwise in writing to the IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA, of any condition that may exist or arise in the future. Further, I hereby agree that I or the minor under my responsibility, or any of my heirs, personal representatives, executors, and administrators to waive, release, remiss, covenant not to sue and forever discharge from any claims and liabilities whatsoever without limitations that I have, which arise against IJC from any expense, damage, loss, injury, death, or liability due to my decision to participate in any activities that IJC has to offer without insurance coverage and take full responsibility of risk of bodily injury, death, and property damage. I hereby assume any and all risks for the minor member or myself, known and unknown, which may arise from my decision expressed by signature on this application, to participate in these activities. I hereby further agree to allow IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA,to utilize photography, audio or visual recording of the minor member in this application or myself taken at any class or event associates or affiliated with the IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA for promotional, commercial and advertising purposes related to IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA,or martial arts. I understand that I will not be compensated or receive any refunds in any way related to activities provided by IJC Student-Athlete Support Services, Inc., USA Judo, USJF, USJA, ATJA,.